November 6: Sportacular Event
Join us for an evening of fun, food, and inspiration benefiting the athletes of DASA! This is an opportunity to come together with the community and learn about and celebrate the accomplishments of our DASA athletes.
DASA’s Annual Sportacular Event raises awareness and funds for individuals with a physical disability. Funds raised through the Sportacular Event go directly toward our mission of providing financial assistance towards personal training, recreational and competitive sports, summer camp, and competition fees for our athletes.
New location in 2021: RYSE Nightclub at the Ameristar Casino! Save the date and join us for a new and different Sportacular Event!
Sportacular allows us to expand our awareness, to stop the misconception of “can’t” in our community, and enable youth and adults with physical disabilities to participate in therapeutic, recreational, and competitive activities.
Your Contributions Make an Impact
Because of your contributions to the annual auction, we were able to open our very own Ability Gym in 2018, which for many of our athletes, offers a positive environment to not only build their physical fitness but also their confidence and independence.
Your support allows them to achieve their athletic goals on a local, national, and global level, and also their personal goals of independence and equality in the community.
Other ways your funds have made a difference:
- Camp scholarships: 10+ campers attended camp last year who otherwise would not have been able to.
- Financial support for the facilities required to offer comprehensive adaptive programs.
- Continued improvements and equipment for the Ability Gym.
- Financial support for Specialized Sport Specific staff and coaches, whom our athletes could not excel without.
- Keeping the overall cost of programming for our athletes down to a minimum so they can afford to discover new abilities and thrive.
Save the Date!
November 6, 2021 at 6:00 pm at RYSE Nightclub at the Ameristar Casino. More details to come!